Sunday, January 16, 2011

Baby Blanket



Knitting update:

I just finished a baby blanket!
My knitting has gotten a little better and it's my own design.  It's mad simple, but I am going to assume that the baby will be drooling a lot on it.  You do not need anything really complicated to catch baby drool.

Unless I am mistaken.  I am not sure.  There may be an apocalyptic futuristic society where baby drool may be worth as much as sweet light crude oil today.  I very much doubt that it would be a Mad Max scenario which is actually rather reassuring.  I am still a little upset that Mel Gibson signed on for Mad Max: FURY ROAD.  IT IS A ROAD MADE OF PURE FURY AND POSSIBLY RAGE, BUT WE CANNOT SAY FOR SURE RIGHT NOW.  PLEASE STAY AT THIS LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT UNTIL 2012.
I can assure that I will not.  It's not worth getting excited over.

Blanket details:
1.5 balls of Bernat Baby Coordinates White
1.5 balls of Bernat Baby Coordinates Iced Mint

27 inches across
40 inches long

Meant to be a stroller blanket & also machine washable 

Cable Pattern:
12 stockingnette stitches for 7 rows
8th row: first 3 stitches on cable needle & slip to back, knit next 3 & knit 3 stitches off cable needle, slip next 3 stitches on cable needle & hold to front, knit next 3 stitches & 3 stitches off needle

Anyway, thinking about making some gauntlets to keep my arms warm during running.  Apparently I have abnormally small arms and wrists so all of the patterns I've tried are much too large.  Very bothersome.  

UPDATE: 
The baby was adorable, but I must admit I had no clue what to do with it.  It was wriggling a lot.  I wonder if there is such a thing as a baby tranquilizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment